In P.E., we will learn to ….
be ‘confident to try new things’, ‘be resilient’ and ‘to give it all we’ve got’
At Little Weighton Rowley, our physical education curriculum will promote physical activity and healthy lifestyles, including good mental health. We will develop a love of sport, as well as a willingness and confidence to take part regardless of ability. We aim to teach our children to play fairly, compete honestly and show good sporting behaviour as individual participants, team members and spectators. We want to develop children who are determined to do their best and give it all they’ve got.
Our P.E. curriculum will enable children to:
- Have fun and enjoy fitness
- Develop good sporting attitudes and join in at their own level of development
- Build and secure a range of skills to develop competence in a range of physical activities including games, dance and gymnastics
- Develop knowledge and understanding of a range of sports
- Be physically active for sustained periods of time
- Experience positive competition within a safe environment
- Have good knowledge about how to lead healthy, active lives, including having a healthy diet