In science will will learn to...
‘be curious’, ‘try new things’, ‘show respect’ ‘be resilient’
At Little Weighton Rowley, our science curriculum will promote our children’s understanding of the world around them, preparing them for life in an increasingly scientific and technological world. They will become enquiry based learners; researching, investigating and evaluating. Our curriculum inspires curiosity and excitement about the scientific world and its future possibilities.
Through the disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics, our science curriculum will enable children to:
- Acquire scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines
- Use technical and specialist terminology accurately and precisely
- Develop an understanding of the role science plays in everyday life today and how it may impact on the future
- Undertake scientific enquiry including; observing, seeking patterns, identifying, classifying and grouping, comparative and fair testing and researching using secondary resources
- Make links between their learning in other subjects and science (for example maths, computing and PSHCE)