In personal, social, health and citizenship education, we will learn to…
‘understand and accept their own and others’ uniqueness’, ‘know what is right and respectful’ ‘celebrate diversity’ ‘be independent’ and ‘show kindness and empathy’
At Little Weighton Rowley, our PSHCE curriculum will promote the physical, social and emotional well-being of our children. We want them to know they are loved and belong and that they have a right to be safe and content. Our curriculum fosters respect, love and understanding of uniqueness and diversity. Our curriculum challenges and shapes children’s thinking to support them to thrive and make positive contributions to the world in which they live.
As a church school, our P.S.H.C.E. curriculum promotes our Christian distinctiveness and will enable children to:
- Develop their self-esteem, self-confidence and self-awareness so they make the right choices
- Make sense of their personal and social experiences, developing their social skills/awareness whilst managing and understanding their own feelings
- Accept and welcome differences within cultures, families and individuals
- Have a responsible attitude towards the maintenance of good physical and mental health, supported by a safe and healthy lifestyle
- Develop an understanding of effective interpersonal relationships in line with the statutory requirements of the RSE curriculum (Relationships and Sex Education)
- Have a caring attitude and sense of responsibility about the community in which they live and the wider global context
- Develop an understanding of how society works (including an understanding of democracy, rule of law and individual liberty)
- Use digital technology safely and responsibly.